Monday, May 17, 2010

Is Riding Autorickshaw in Bangalore Safe

Auto rickshaw in Bangalore are not safe at all .
This has not come from 1 incident , but a series of incidents either witnessed or victimed .

Incident 1 :-
A very long and rough conversation with an Auto driver which eventaully ended up Calling police .
Reason : I was going to KSRTC Bus Boarding Point . Inspite of telling me , that it would turn up only 65 bugs if you go my way he didnot pay heed to my words .Then he took some long route and meter said 95 bugs .I got pissed of and started the Argument . Eventually I had to call police and then we settled at Rs. 70 .

Incident 2 :-
An year back , I saved 2 of my friends being thrashed by an Auto driver . I was in my 4 wheeler , just behind them .
Reason : While taking a turn from Signal , Auto touched thier Bike and disbalanced them . Though they didnot fall , in a rage they said Auto driver to drive Carefully . Driver stopped them and thrashed them .


Incident 3 : -
Yesterday one Auto driver almost smashed a person while searching for a house .
Reason : Yesterday , while i was washing my scooter on the road , an auto driver asked me the way to 26th Cross . I said i don't know. The driver got pissed off on the Passenger and almost smashed him .He must be finding the house for a long time . Passenger would have made a deal to get down at house no "xyz" . Now this Auto driver was asking the Passenger to get down and give his money . Passenger objected , as he is not being dropped to the said Address . So he was almost thrashed by Auto Driver .I was feeling really bad for Passenger .
Bangalore Administration should really do something for these Upper- Middle class , who have to deal with these auto drivers . The voice of the General Public can also be heard from the following link :-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Develop Your India by Nitin Bhatnagar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License